Date: June 14, 2012
Time: 8:30AM to 2:30PM
Location: Room 135
Pre-owned and pre-loved books will be available for a fraction of the cost. All books are priced from .50¢ to $4.00. Let’s go green by purchasing pre-owned books for our children’s summer reading. If you would like to donate books, please bring your books to Room 228.
We are looking for parent volunteers to assist with setup on June 13th and sales June 14th.
All proceeds go directly to the PTO and help support our children.
Sponsored by the PTO of TAOTS
The April PTO Meeting is going to be a great. With a guest speaker and parent group discussions. Here is a preview of the agenda:
- Workshop:“Parents as Partners” Writing Workshop. Ellen Lotz, TAOTS Curriculum Specialist, will explain how to evaluate your child’s writing and what defines an exemplary piece of writing. Through the use of actual writing samples, Ms. Lotz will provide an overview of the rubrics used by teachers to evaluate writing. She will also discuss the writing conference and its role in supporting writing.
- Group discussion of PTO feedback survey results
- PTO elections and nominations: Nominations are being sent and parents should send in their notices if they would like to run.
- School Leadership Team update
- Committee formation for end of year book sale and Mother’s Day flower sale.
Childcare will be available!
The next PTO Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, March 7 at 6:30pm in the TAOTS Library. Please attend if you can.
- Gala / Auction discussion. Feedback and suggestions from parents.
- Parent Feedback Survey: A survey will be sent out via email this week giving parents the opportunity to provide feedback on various topics including PTO structure, parent participation and more. The April PTO meeting will be used to work on ideas and solutions based on the survey findings.
- New Parent Meetup Group: Building on the great success of the Mexican Fiesta event, a new meetup group has been created by parents to coordinate outings and playdates. If you would like to meetup with other TAOTS families after school, on the weekends or during the summer you can advertise your outing on our shared Google Calendar and Facebook Events Calendar.
- PTO Election Nomination Committee Formation. The PTO elections are this May and parent volunteers are needed for the nomination committee.
- PTO Financial Report
- Upcoming TAOTS Events
The next PTO Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 8 at 8:30am in the TAOTS Library. The time was changed due to a scheduling conflict. Please attend if you can.
Build your own Taco at the fully-stocked Taco bar and have fun with arts, crafts and games. This is a great opportunity to meet other parents and have a great time. Family and friends are welcome. Space is limited, so reserve your spot today.
Where: Jamie Lynn’s Kitchen (1504 86th Street, Brooklyn)
When: Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Times: 12:00-1:30pm, 5:00-6:30pm , 7:00-8:30pm
Cost: $12 per person
Jamie Lynn’s Kitchen will donate 20% of all proceeds to TAOTS!