September 2014 PTO Meeting
The September PTO meeting is shaping up to be a great event. The meeting will immediately follow the school’s Curriculum Night event and food will be served. Here are the details:
Date: Tuesday, September 16
- PS 682 Principal’s Report:
2014-2015 welcome address from Principal Josephine Sportella.
- District 20 Community Education Council (CEC):
Laurie Windsor, President of CEC for District 20, will welcome parents and discuss the role of the CEC.
- PTO Co-Presidents Report:
PTO Co-Presidents Crystal Alfano and Robert Yee will welcome parent; introduce the new board members and discuss the importance of Parent Teacher Organizations as the collective voice of parents and a resource for our children.
- Emergency Elections:
Nominations for open PTO board positions (Corresponding Secretary and Fundraising Secretary)
- PTO Fundraising Events:
PTO Vice President Kelly P. Sahner will highlight upcoming events (Ms. Chocolate, Picture Day)
- Committee and Event Sign-Up:
PTO Recording Secretary Angela Fontana will circulate volunteer sign-up sheets for Ms. Chocolate Distribution, Picture Day, Halloween Spooktacular, Movie Nights and Gala Committee
- PTO Halloween Spooktackular:
PTO Treasurer Zoi Drossos will discuss the upcoming Halloween party
- Staying in Touch with the PTO:
PTO Marketing Secretary Richard Klein will give a brief overview of the PTO website and email list.
- PTO Finance Report: PTO Treasurer Zoi Drossos and Financial Secretary Marzena Wierzbowska will discuss new financial policies, membership dues and Direct Appeal.
- Q&A and Closing Remarks: Bring your questions for the school administration and the PTO.