2015-2016 was a great school year. With the help of so many amazing parent volunteers, the PTO has been able to fund many great events and programs; enhancing our children’s educational experiences and fostering a strong TAOTS community. Below is summary of major PTO and parent accomplishments for the 2015-2016 school year.
Sponsorship and Funding
- Two scientists from Mad Science organization to present at the school science fair.
- Open Source Gallery hosted a booth at our school science fair, bringing recycled items to life with littleBits and circuits.
- Material for the Arts presented in-class enrichment workshops during President’s Week for grade K-2 classrooms.
- New York Historical Society presented in-class enrichment workshops during President’s Week for grade 3-5 classrooms.
- Sponsored field trips for every grade.
- $125 in additional Teacher’s Choice funding for all classroom specialty teachers (classroom supplies and materials)
- Teacher appreciation luncheon
- Special holiday musical performance from Brooklyn College Conservatory of Music.
- Classroom book donations
- Kindergarten graduation
- 5th grade graduation
Community Building Activities
- Incoming K Meetup at Seth Low Park
- Ragamuffin parade
- Halloween party
- End of Year celebration at Adventurer’s theme park
- Brooklyn Cyclones night
- Parent appreciation luncheon
- Election Day bake sale
- Thanksgiving pie sale
- Mother’s Day plant Sale
- Used book collection and sale
- Picture day
- Miss Chocolate fundraiser
- Amazon SchoolRewards
- Box Tops collection and redemption
- Purchased TAOTS banner for parades